[arch-dev-public] What should we do with the wine package?

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 20:51:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

Some users would think we should keep wine 1.0.x on extra since it is
the stable version. Some users would disagree as many bugs will never be
fixed in the stable 1.0.x tree and many features will not be added
neither. I have suggestions:

1) wine 1.0.x in extra and wine-devel 1.1.0 and beyond which will
provide and conflict with wine, as well in extra.
2) Latest wine version always in extra, as this is an evolutionary
package, and people like to have the latest version of it.
3) wine 1.0.x in extra and wine-devel 1.1.0 and beyond in unstable.

Please, add your suggestions, but I would like 1 or 2 to become the
solution, I really don't like 3, since wine isn't unstable, just ever
changing and adding features.