[arch-dev-public] What should we do with the wine package?

Eric Belanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Jul 7 13:05:19 EDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Eduardo Romero wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 11:05 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > >
> > > I would support whatever decision you decide here, Eduardo. I'm generally in
> > > favor of having a stable package in extra, but it might not make sense in
> > > this case.
> > >
> > > I'd go with whatever you think makes most sense, and switch later if you
> > > find it's not working.
> >
> > I'll side with Paul on this issue. I like "stable" versions, but at
> > the same time, I figure you know best - go with your gut on this one
> >
> Let's see if my guts gets me many complains. :-D Thanks for your
> suggestions here guys, I went the always the latest wine version in
> extra way. Hope it all turns out OK.

Also, if you notice that a release has important problems and/or
regressions, you can always decide to skip it and to wait for the next

This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list