[arch-dev-public] replace gqview and gqview-devel with geeqie

Fri Jul 18 13:51:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Tobias Kieslich wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Firmicus wrote:
>
>> I use gqview intensively, and never experienced any problem. I have
>> compiled and installed geeqie-svn a few days ago (after reading this
>> thread) and used it everyday since then. I experienced many crashes! May
>> I suggest we keep gqview until geeqie reaches its first stable version?
>> Perhaps you can replace gqview-devel with geeqie though.
>
> That sounds like a good plan.

Another plan would be to add geeqie and to update gqview to its devel
version.  The devel version of gqview is very stable.

> Just out of curiosity, are you aware of
> any specific operations in geeqie that trigger the crash? because I have
> not experienced a single one yet. Also I'm on 32bit.
>
> 	-T

These problems might be caused by the svn revision that is used for the
package.  Tobias built his package several months ago and François built
his recently. Maybe there have been new changes in the code that makes is
unstable.

I'll also try geeqie to see how it goes.
believed to be clean.