[arch-dev-public] replace gqview and gqview-devel with geeqie

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Fri Jul 18 17:00:24 EDT 2008

Eric Belanger wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Tobias Kieslich wrote:
> Another plan would be to add geeqie and to update gqview to its devel
> version.  The devel version of gqview is very stable.

I never tried gqview-devel because gqview just worked for me. But I
trust you on that.

>> Just out of curiosity, are you aware of
>> any specific operations in geeqie that trigger the crash? because I have
>> not experienced a single one yet. Also I'm on 32bit.
>>
>>     -T
>
> These problems might be caused by the svn revision that is used for
> the package.  Tobias built his package several months ago and François
> built his recently. Maybe there have been new changes in the code that
> makes is unstable.

This is very much possible that some recent changes were causing this. I
built the svn version a few days ago for x86_64. The crashes occurred
mostly when performing rotate operations (with ] [ and shift-R). But I
did not investigate further since this happened during work hours ;-)