[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 22 03:26:05 EDT 2008

Dan McGee schrieb:
> Undefined video mode number: 305
> blah blah press enter to see modes or wait 30 seconds
>
> Did some video modes get deprecated or something, or what is going on
> here? This is my grub configuration, I don't think it is all that
> exotic:
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/disk/by-label/hdroot ro vga=773

A friend of mine had this for a while with 2.6.25-ARCH, no idea why. It
works here, although I have specified it in hex (vga=0x318).

Since 2.6.25, uvesafb is working here, so I only booted up vesafb twice.
With 915resolution and uveafb, I can get a framebuffer in 1280x800, my
native resolution, which means I have square pixels even in console mode.