[arch-dev-public] ncurses todo list?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:01:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Allan McRae <allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody have a ncurses build list?  I am building ncurses with only the
> wide-character libraries which should hopefully clear up a few of the locale
> issues with applications using it (e.g. FS#4418, FS#6384, FS#9872).  The
> current situation is sort of between doing this and not (we have only the
> wide character include files but both libraries).
>
> After some initial problems (don't install an ncurses without a real
> libncurses.so before fixing readline & bash!), I have this up and working
> and most of the needed core rebuilds done.  I'm thinking I will push it to a
> separate repo first so that I can get some testing of this by people with
> other locales before I push it to [testing].

Are you sure this actually fixes these issues? I suggested the same
thing a while back, but Roman pointed out something regarding Cyrillic
chars or something... I don't know the details, but it had to do with
the fact that not all locales are really UTF friendly.

Also, let me see if our old TODO lists have an ncurses list.