[arch-dev-public] Subversion 1.5.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:10:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Douglas Soares de Andrade
<dsandrade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have been receiving a lot of requests to update subversion to 1.5, so i
> would like to know what can we do as we will have to update our repo and
> devtools.
>
> For the users that need subversion 1.5.0, i built it and put in my dev page,
> so they can use it until we update the repos.
>
> Here is the link:
>
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~douglas/subversion-1.5.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> What can we do to update the repos and use subversion 1.5 ? I know that we
> have all the kde work now, but i think we need to do this as soon as
> possible.

Ok, sorry for the delay here. Can you confirm that if we DO NOT
upgrade the server-side repos, everything will work completely fine?
If this is the case, then we can wait to update everything to use "svn
merge" instead of the "svnmerge" script. Can you still package the old
svnmerge script with 1.5.1 ?