[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:11:38 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Dan McGee wrote:
>
>> Pacman 3.2.0 is in testing for i686. Please signoff. Changes outlined
>> here: http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=NEWS
>>

> When building mythbrowser, I noticed that makepkg now fails when there is an
> '?' in the sources, e.g.
> source=("http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=136&foo=/mythplugins-$pkgver.tar.bz2")
>
> Removing the double quotes and  escaping the characters doesn't work.
>
> The error message:
>
> ==> ERROR: There is no agent set up to handle  URLs. Check
> /etc/makepkg.conf.
>    Aborting...
>
> Not a showstopper as the source can be downloaded maunally in the build dir.
> I'll try to look into it further tomorrow.

We have a regression here, and it is actually bigger than it looks at
first sight. Can you file a bug report for this?

Tracing the code shows that %o and %u are never even used right now,
as they don't make it all the way through to the download stage.

-Dan