[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:16:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:44:22 -0500
> schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
>
>> Pacman 3.2.0 is in testing for i686. Please signoff. Changes outlined
>> here: http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=NEWS
>>
>> Can someone build it for x86_64? Thanks.
>>
>> On a side note, I'm gone for most of this upcoming weekend, so you may
>> want to wait until next week to move this to core even if it has the
>> requisite signoffs unless you guys want to put out any fires.
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> Is there a certain reason why pacman.static has been removed? I used it
> a lot when playing with glibc upgrades that often break the dynamic
> pacman. Is there any replacement?

Can you back up this claim? If you uninstall glibc, you are f**ked.
pacman.static (and every other binary on your system minus those
statically linked against klibc) will not run. I know this from doing
it by accident on my Eee. :)

If someone wants to do a "replacement", feel free. Let me know who
wants to maintain the pacman package and build it in the PKGBUILD. I
really have no desire to both hack on the code and package it for
Arch- I see them as two completely different things. Travis did in
fact find the thread where this all came up on pacman-dev and no one
had complaints against it from that side of the fence:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-July/012348.html

-Dan