[arch-dev-public] On the road to KDE 4.1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Jun 1 13:56:47 EDT 2008

Am Sonntag 01 Juni 2008 00:38:42 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> It could have been easier if you used the dbscripts to do this. Like
> Thomas suggested, you could do all the work in
> repos/kde-testing-i686/, commit everything, scp to
> ~staging/kde-testing/add/ (see Dan's repopkg patch for a helper
> script) and then run /arch/db-update kde-testing i686
>
> This is actually the exact reason we did things the way we did here,
> with the repos/ dir and why I made the dbscripts work the way they do
> now.

Uploading the files and just using repo-add isn't that hard, too. The whole
thing will be in flux for some time and I decided not to use our svn-repo.
This makes it easier to keep things together and don't get lost. Using our
current layout it's not so easy to just checkout those packages within a
certain repo :-).

Anyway: KDE 4.1 is still a kind of playground and I am not sure if they'll get
it usable till Juli. ATM konqueror does not really work and plasma is pain.
:-)

--
archlinux.de