[arch-dev-public] On the road to KDE 4.1

Tue Jun 3 00:25:20 EDT 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> On Thursday 29 May 2008 22:43:22 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> Let's create a kde-repo on top of our testing repo and
>> see how we can package it and manage the transition from kde3.
>
> OK, this was quite some work. I have moved the repo to other/kde-testing. This
> way it should be found on some mirrors soon.
>
> It's meant to be used in the follwoing order in pacman.conf:
> 	kde-testing
> 	testing
> 	core
> 	extra
> 	community
>
> Be warned: this will replace the existing KDE-3 packages by their equivalents
> of KDE-4.1. By installing kdelibs3 packages that depend on the old KDE
> "should" still work. (After KDE-4.1 is released to extra we "just" have to
> update the dependencies of the remaining KDE-3 packages; a rebuilt "should"
> not be needed)
>
> In order to not mess up things I have setup a separate git-repo containing all
> used PKGBUILDs:
> 	web: http://git.archlinux.de/cgit.cgi?url=kde-testing/
> 	git: http://git.archlinux.de/~pierre/kde-testing.git
> Feel free to report any suggestions etc.. (by this I mean packaging bugs of
> course)
>
> If there is any dev who wants to help building this stuff for i686, please let
> me know.
>
> Happy bug-hunting,
>
> Pierre

I went to try out the i686 packages but there are file conflicts:

error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
kdelibs: /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu exists in filesystem
kdegames: /etc/ggz.modules exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

$ pacman -Qo /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu is owned by gnome-menus 2.22.1-1
$  pacman -Qo /etc/ggz.modules
/etc/ggz.modules is owned by gnome-games 2.22.1.1-1

believed to be clean.