[arch-dev-public] [signoff] new toolchain

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:50:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> (my own "will OpenOffice build and run" test is still pending)
>
> done. got OOo 2.4.1 and den OOo 3.0 devel snapshot compiled and running
> with gcc-gcj.
>
> i had to add one fix again to glibc-2.8-2 to solve an old issue flooding
> the memory in certain situations.
>
> so from my view the toolchain is ready to move. i will start to build
> some more updates with it. i'm waiting for signoffs now.

Thanks Andy, I will test and signoff by Friday, but I have a quick
question first (I trust your opinion here) - do you think these
changes warrant a rebuild of [core] entirely? I got a personal email
wondering the same - if you think it is a good idea, I'd be more than
willing to do some of the work, but if you think it's useless, then we
won't do it.

(Anyway, off for the day. I will see your response tomorrow when I get
back to work).
Cheers,
Aaron