[arch-dev-public] Upcoming gpm soname bump

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Jun 18 02:37:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:55 -0400, Eric Belanger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My gpm package is out-of-date and the new version has a soname bump. I'll
> do the rebuilds, at least for x86_64. If someone has time and would be
> willing to do the i686 packages, let me know. That'll save me some work.
> Otherwise, I'll build them after the x86_64 ones.
> The following packages have gpm as a depends (except
> gstreamer0.10-good-plugins) and will be rebuilt:
>
> aalib
> brltty - Current package is out-of-date and new version has soname bump.
>           Only orca depends on it so I could update it and rebuild orca.
>          Jan: what do you think? Or would it be better to just rebuild brltty?
Updating it would be nice, it's on my list of outdated packages for a
long while already. I don't know if a rebuild is required: brlapi.so is
dlopened from the python module included in orca. I don't know why they
bumped .soname, but if updating brltty breaks the braille module in
orca, it will still be broken after a rebuild anyways.

> elinks
> fte
> gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
> jed
> lde
> links
> mc - I need a mc directory in the 'other' directory on the ftp server to
>       put a patch (FS#9913). Eliott is aware of that but if another admin has
>       time...
Didn't we all have permission to create directories in /other/? I never
use sudo to do so.