[arch-dev-public] Dropping lots of packages

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:27:40 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Simo Leone <simo at archlinux.org> wrote:
> As countless people have noticed, my packages are pretty much
> unmaintained nowadays. After some thought, "package maintainer" isn't
> really a role I want to play anymore, so I'm dropping them.

Sooo... without mincing words here, what role is it that you want to
play? I keep having to deal with some of the administrava that I
thought you were in charge of (new TUs, forum passwords, etc etc), I
was hoping we'd have a new ISO release by the time I got my internet
back at home, and I had to bring on 2 people with AUR commit access
because the patch queue was getting too long.

So, could you, at the very least, push your ISO related changes to
gerolde so that someone (most likely me) else can pick up where you
left off.

And please let me know what role you are actually thinking of taking
on here, because I can't seem to figure it out.