[arch-dev-public] cleanup testing repo

Thu Jun 19 23:53:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Andreas Radke wrote:
>
>> We should try to clean up testing faster. I want to start the next big
>> rebuild session for "db". Before that we should sort out what
>> packages can be moved or deleted completely or what holds it back.
>
> I asked dolby to make up lists for a testing repo cleanup that I wanted to
> do. I haven't heard from him yet. I guess he was just busy with the
> bugtracker. I was very busy as well. I posted a few comments below.
>

>> Here's the current ftp list for i686-testing:
>>
>> 1.7M Apr  4 23:00 exiv2-0.16-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> That exiv2 has a soname bump. All packages that needed a rebuilt (haven't
> check the bug tracker) are in testing as well. They've been there for a
> couple of months.
> Neri: Can they be moved to extra?
>

>> 742K Apr  8 02:35 openssh-5.0p1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> openssh-5.0p1-1 is already in core. this can be removed from testing.
>
>> 118K May  4 18:31 sudo-1.6.9p15-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> Paul and I forgot to start the signoff thread for it. It's now out-of-date.
>
>>  52K May 23 20:37 mlocate-0.20-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> has been signoffed. I asked for status in its signoff thread today.
>

>> mplayer-svn-25449-1
>
> Tom: are you still maintaining it? This is a couple of month old. The current
> package in unstable is even older. IMO, it should be removed if it's not
> actively maintained anymore. A couple months old svn package is pointless.
>
> BTW, I was working on a gpm soname bump. The x86_64 packages are ready and I
> was planning to move them in testing tonight with the i686 ones to follow
> later tonight or tomorrow. At least one of the rebuilt package for gpm also
> depends on db. We might not want to mix the 2 soname bump and do the db
> rebuild when the gpm one will be removed from testing.  I was planning to
> keep the gpm in testing for a week or two to make sure I didn't miss any
> packages that needed to be rebuilt and because the rebuilt mc package will
> also have major changes/bug fixes.
>

>> Is there something where I can help out?
>>
>> -Andy

Greg sent me his list. I cleanup some packages which were in both core and
testing with the same version. I also moved dssi (it was part of
the qt4 update) and k3b (old bugfix FS#9051) to extra.

##x86_64

#core packages
man-pages 3.00-1 andyrtr
sudo 1.6.9p15-1 already out of date

#gpm rebuild
aalib 1.4rc5-5
brltty 3.7.2-2
elinks 0.11.4rc1-3
fte 20051115-3
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins 0.10.8-3
gvim 7.1.315-1
jed 0.99.18-4
lde 2.6.1-3
links 2.1pre36-2
mc 4.6.1-5
vi 7.1.315-1
vim 7.1.315-1
xaos 3.3-2
xemacs 21.5.28-4

#exiv2 rebuild
digikam 0.9.3-2
exiv2 0.16-2
gimp-ufraw 0.13-2
gwenview 1.4.2-2
kipi-plugins 0.1.5beta1-3
libkexiv2 0.1.6-3

#qt
lyx 1.5.5-1
liborigin 20070926-1 already out of date
libassuan 1.0.4-2
psi 0.12.svn1160-1
psi-i18n 0.12-1
qca 2.0.0.svn817733-1
qimageblitz 0.0.3.svn807093-1
qt 4.4.0-4
soprano 2.0.98-1
strigi 0.5.10-1

#
archboot 2008.03-2 tpowa
mkbootcd 2008.03-1
mkpxelinux 2008.03-1 tpowa
mksyslinux 2008.03-1
cpufreqd 2.2.1-2 only in x86_64 testing
motion 3.2.9-1 moving it to extra would fix  FS#10652

#old packages
eigen 1.0.5.svn744389-1 tpowa
exim 4.68-4 already out of date
hpoj 0.91-12 tpowa
kismet 2007_10_R1-1 j.chu
nasm 2.01-1 pkrakture
pinentry 0.7.3-2 tpowa already out of date
redland 1.0.7-1 tpowa

#other
dnsmasq 2.41-2 already out of date
kdelibs 3.5.9-4 pierre

##i686 diff

#old pkgs
ivtv-utils 1.0.2-1 paul already out of date
mplayer-svn 25449-1

#xorg
xf86-video-apm-1.2.0-1
xf86-video-ark-0.7.0-1
xf86-video-ati-6.8.0-3
xf86-video-chips-1.2.0-1
xf86-video-savage-2.2.0-1
xf86-video-tdfx-1.4.0-1
xf86-video-trident-1.3.0-1
xf86-video-unichrome-0.2.6-7
xf86-video-via-0.2.2-4

qimageblitz 0.0.3.svn807093-1 !not in i686 only x86_64

believed to be clean.