[arch-dev-public] cleanup testing repo
belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Thu Jun 19 23:53:10 EDT 2008
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Andreas Radke wrote:
>> We should try to clean up testing faster. I want to start the next big
>> rebuild session for "db". Before that we should sort out what
>> packages can be moved or deleted completely or what holds it back.
> I asked dolby to make up lists for a testing repo cleanup that I wanted to
> do. I haven't heard from him yet. I guess he was just busy with the
> bugtracker. I was very busy as well. I posted a few comments below.
>> Here's the current ftp list for i686-testing:
>> 1.7M Apr 4 23:00 exiv2-0.16-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> That exiv2 has a soname bump. All packages that needed a rebuilt (haven't
> check the bug tracker) are in testing as well. They've been there for a
> couple of months.
> Neri: Can they be moved to extra?
>> 742K Apr 8 02:35 openssh-5.0p1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> openssh-5.0p1-1 is already in core. this can be removed from testing.
>> 118K May 4 18:31 sudo-1.6.9p15-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> Paul and I forgot to start the signoff thread for it. It's now out-of-date.
>> 52K May 23 20:37 mlocate-0.20-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> has been signoffed. I asked for status in its signoff thread today.
> Tom: are you still maintaining it? This is a couple of month old. The current
> package in unstable is even older. IMO, it should be removed if it's not
> actively maintained anymore. A couple months old svn package is pointless.
> BTW, I was working on a gpm soname bump. The x86_64 packages are ready and I
> was planning to move them in testing tonight with the i686 ones to follow
> later tonight or tomorrow. At least one of the rebuilt package for gpm also
> depends on db. We might not want to mix the 2 soname bump and do the db
> rebuild when the gpm one will be removed from testing. I was planning to
> keep the gpm in testing for a week or two to make sure I didn't miss any
> packages that needed to be rebuilt and because the rebuilt mc package will
> also have major changes/bug fixes.
>> Is there something where I can help out?
Greg sent me his list. I cleanup some packages which were in both core and
testing with the same version. I also moved dssi (it was part of
the qt4 update) and k3b (old bugfix FS#9051) to extra.
man-pages 3.00-1 andyrtr
sudo 1.6.9p15-1 already out of date
liborigin 20070926-1 already out of date
archboot 2008.03-2 tpowa
mkpxelinux 2008.03-1 tpowa
cpufreqd 2.2.1-2 only in x86_64 testing
motion 3.2.9-1 moving it to extra would fix FS#10652
eigen 1.0.5.svn744389-1 tpowa
exim 4.68-4 already out of date
hpoj 0.91-12 tpowa
kismet 2007_10_R1-1 j.chu
nasm 2.01-1 pkrakture
pinentry 0.7.3-2 tpowa already out of date
redland 1.0.7-1 tpowa
dnsmasq 2.41-2 already out of date
kdelibs 3.5.9-4 pierre
ivtv-utils 1.0.2-1 paul already out of date
qimageblitz 0.0.3.svn807093-1 !not in i686 only x86_64
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the arch-dev-public