[arch-dev-public] Send my laptop for repairs

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Fri Jun 27 23:45:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
> it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
> time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
> letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).

I had similar problems with my laptop recently. This thing is way
outta warranty (4.5 years old) but it's still a solid reliable
machine.

A friend of mine gave me the disassembly guide a few months ago, so i
bought the parts for cheap from an Acer service center and did it
myself. New keyboard, some new plastic case, and i'm going to upgrade
from Intel minipci b -> g wireless eventually (when I get a new
job...sacked yesterday). Bigger HDD eventually too. And getting new
battery off a friend.

The keyboard is really simple to replace on mine, and others I've
seen, (just 2 screws and 2 latches), so that's always worth a shot if
it's outta warranty.

James