[arch-dev-public] Libtool issues

Mon Mar 3 22:22:17 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Tobias Kieslich wrote:

> 	Doing my exiv2 update I saw that this time really some packages must
> be rebuilt. However, digikam can't be rebuilt because it depends on a
> libgphoto2 that was rebuilt with libtool-1.x based version. libgphoto2
> can't be rebuild with libtool2 because it just bails. I have not found
> any patch/hint how to fix that. Can anyone come up with an idea? I have
> no real libtool experience.
>
> 	-T

The configure script aborts because it checks for a function
(lt_dlcaller_register) in libltdl.so that was removed in libtool 2.2
(obsolete API). That function doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the code
so you could make a patch that will remove that check in the configure
script. Hopefully, the configure script will end  successfully and
libgphoto2 will then build/work fine.

Eric

believed to be clean.