[arch-dev-public] ISO Releaseplan 2008.03 now it's time to really create an ISO ; ), pending work and signoffs

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 12:48:52 EST 2008

Hi
due to my work in february this one got somehow delayed
so now the new plan for the 2008.03 ISOs:

pending signoffs and move to base:
cryptsetup
dash
filesystem
findutils
hdparm
kernel26
klibc
klibc-extras
klibc-module-init-tools
vi
xfsprogs

klibc-udev?
bump to 118?
along with the udev update 118 shouldn't we keep it in sync?

udev?
i think this should be done in next 2 days

initscripts?
bump to 2008.03 with the last changes from git
and it would be good if aaron would add himself along with judd in rc.sysinit.

mkinitcpio?
do we need a new version to get init= syntax back?
if yes we could fix this bug also:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9433

pending signoffs and move to support:
iproute
madwifi
madwifi-utils
rp-pppoe
tiacx
tiacx-firmware
wpasupplicant

fuse?
Thomas is there an issue atm?

netcfg?
status of it? is it now ready to move in to core?

kbd?
Roman wanted to add some changes and additions to it,
should be also soon fixed.

delayed package moves due to rebuilds and issues:
libtool
perl

Packages not mentioned in this mail are not included on new ISOs.
If something real important is missing, tell it now.
When this list is finished new ISOs will be created.

Also feel free to read the installation documentation, if there is something
that is not correct anymore or you would like to see changed.
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=installer.git;a=blob;f=arch-install-guide.txt;h=d22c4cc755941f1b706723c11236b19bd8865ed8;hb=34e72f53a61d5887b1d964c949ce94ad340d2feb

Any other opinions on it?
Thanks for your attention :)

greetings