[arch-dev-public] freezing core/extra - cleanup testing

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Mar 12 08:14:49 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

to avoid any chaos in our repos we should think about freezing core and extra.
I would propose that we set a date till when we should fix the outstanding
bugs in core packages.

Afaik there are only some problem with the new initscripts (e.g. hwclock
problem) and I am unsure about netcfg. Shouldn't this be merged with
initscripts? There seems to be some redundant code atm.

After that we should be able to create a first release candidate of the new
iso. Then we shhould concentrate on testing those isos.

In parallel we have new libtool, gcc and friends in testing. So I would
recommend that we only use testing for building packages and keep core/extra
untouched.

Greetings,

Pierre

--