[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kbd and klibc-kbd

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:23:33 EDT 2008

2008/3/15, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
> Roman Kyrylych schrieb:
>
> > Hi!
>  >
>  > After days of extreme hacking and scratching my head I'm happy to present them:
>  > * kbd-1.14.1.20080309-1
>  > * klibc-kbd-1.15.20080312-1
>  >
>  > Don't scare those pkgrels.
>  > There are many good reasons that I've used the latest git versions.
>  > (Actually, klibc support was added by current maintainer on my request,
>  > and 2 patches I've made today are still not in git.)
>  >
>  > What has changed:
>  > * replaced statically built binaries with klibcified ones (saves
>  > almost 2Megabytes!)
>  > * heavily modified keymap hooks, fixed some bugs
>  > * at least 2 bugs in our bugtracker closed by the latest mainstream changes
>  > * in *euro.maps 'currency' was changed to 'euro' (by mainstream)
>  > * many nice things for Cyrillic alphabet users
>  > * splitted hooks and klibcified binaries into a separate package
>  > (this will allow to update them separately, and was required in this case).
>  >
>  > Both i686 and x86_64 packages available (thanks Thomas!).
>  > Please signoff. ;-)
>  >

> Note that those MUST NOT be moved to core until mkinitcpio's
>  dependencies are fixed. I will make release new mkinitcpio version soon
>  (maybe today, depends on how much testing I can get done). If anyone is
>  interested, the changes are in mkinitcpio and klibc-extras git.

New mkinitcpio is now in Testing,
and a fixed/improved klibc-kbd-1.15.20080312-2 as well.
Please signoff both kbd and klibc-kbd.

How to test klibc-kbd:
* add 'keymap' hook to mkinitcpio.conf and rebuild the image
* boot with break=y
* you should see the same font as in your normal plain-text console
* try to enter some non-English symbols to see that keymap actually works

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)