[arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts 2008.03-1

Varun Acharya ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:55:52 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Needs i686 build.
>
>  Please signoff, changes from the last version are below.
>  This one needs to get done before we can push the ISO out, so please
>  make it a priority if you can.
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Changes:
>
>  Aaron Griffin (3):
>       Add my name to the copyright output
>       Additional /dev/ setup that udev doesn't do
>       Variable expansion quoting
>
>  Roman Kyrylych (13):
>       Remove trailing whitespaces and do some little reformatting
>       Make non-UTF-8 consoles work correctly in .24+ kernels
>       Do not mount /proc/bus/usb if commented in fstab
>       Set up vc/0 as well
>       Always load defkeymap
>       Revert back to not loading defkeymap
>       Fix indentation in rc.d/functions
>       Create /dev/rtc before running hwclock (FS#9636)
>       Use full path to binaries everywhere
>       Add basic support for dependencies in rc.d scripts
>       More full-path fixes
>       Fix a typo in /dev/rtc creation steps
>       Remove the 'makedevs' script

Hi, previously I was getting the "Hardware clock cannot be accessed
via any known method" error, now in addition to that, I also get
something along the lines of:

cannot create /dev/misc/bin : No such file or directory
mknod cannot create /dev/misc/rtc0: No such file or directory

something like that atleast.

the time always messes up in my macbook pro if i reboot into OSX. On
my desktop I get the same Hwclock error, but the time is ok.

Thanks,
Varun