[arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts 2008.03-1

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 14:25:38 EDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 18. März 2008 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> >  no signoff again, add the removing of mkdir else errors are shown during
> > boot. /dev/pts and /dev/shm are created way earlier.
>
> Bug reports, wtf? No one ever ever said "hey here's another bug" in
> addition to this. I'm struggling to figure out if I am expected to be
> psychic or not.
>
> >  i didn't use git because i forgot the syntax, and i have no acces to
> > this git repository to add it myself.
>
> man git

We are talking here about a 3 lines patch, sorry in the morning this was my
only try to fix this or give a hint of what all those errors are about. That
those who can fix it have an idea what to do.
All this wouldn't have happened if the one who created the package, would have
installed the package and watched the boot process carefully before tagging
the package.
Initscripts is some kind of a sensible package and with such a long changelog
errors can happen without doubt. This is not about to blame anyone, just a
hint to be a bit more sensible in bumping it, without testing/watching the
result.

greetings
tpowa
--