[arch-dev-public] [signoff] gcc 4.3.0 and related toolchain updates

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Fri Mar 21 18:48:11 EDT 2008

Gcc 4.3.0 has been in testing for a while together with its related
toolchain updates (glibc, kernel-headers, binutils).

At this moment we've built OpenOffice.org for both architectures and
GNOME 2.22 for x86_64 with this compiler without noticable problems.
Produced binaries are roughly 5-10% faster than with the old compiler.

Tobias and I would like to have this one in core for the new release, as
the new kernel and all modules have been built with it also.