[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:08:19 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 24. März 2008 schrieb Dan McGee:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>  > > Hi
>  > >  kernel bump release for both arches in
>  > >  testing, please signoff
>  > >  added atheros l2 network adapter support (used in eee pcs)
>  >
>  > What was wrong with AUR for this? Why on earth do we keep adding MORE
>  > PATCHES!?
>  more patches are so cool, you know ;)
>  i hope one day you get new hardware and you are not able to get your network
>  working, then i want to hear you scream.

I have an Eee, I managed to pull off an FTP install just fine.

I compiled the driver by hand, just as has always been the case for
out-of-tree driver with Arch if there is not already a separate
package for it.

I did this 22 months ago for my zd1211 wireless stick before it was in
the mainline kernel, and I had *0 days of desktop linux experience* at
that time (on my own machine). 0 days. And now we bend over backwards
for someone needing a driver? Ugh. I thought April fools and the
rename to Newb Linux wasn't for another week.

-Dan