[arch-dev-public] kernel26 unionfs/aufs conflict

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 26 05:24:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 04:10:08AM -0500, Simo Leone wrote:
> Ok, let's assume for right now that we aren't going to drop either of
> them. Would you, as the kernel maintainer, prefer the in-tree solution
> of effectively aliasing the function names; or the out-of-tree solution
> of patching aufs to deal with unionfs's function names? Either will work
> just fine.

Hmmm on second thought, the out-of-tree solution is going to be slighly
easier to deal with, and will save us having patches that depend on one
another in the kernel.

Please update the unionfs patch to this one:
http://download.filesystems.org/unionfs/unionfs-2.x/unionfs-2.3.1_for_2.6.24.4.diff.gz
And remove splice-2.6.24.patch .

I will commit a patched aufs package to testing sometime soon after you make
those changes.

Thanks,

-S