[arch-dev-public] List of packages with no license information in core, extra

Wed Mar 26 15:45:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Travis Willard wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >  It wasn't lost - I made a TODO list out of it and it's been there for
>> >  a loooong time, slowly getting looked at.
>> >
>> >  I'm thinking of just blitzing the packages on that list, rebuilding,
>> >  and reuploading with new licenses.  Maybe even sometime soon.
>>
>>  I can probably help out with some of the actual PKGBUILD updates, if
>>  you want. Once we get all those updated, we can then bump the pkgver
>>  and go.
>
> Fair enough - the todo's on the dashboard, go nuts.  I'm just trying
> to decide whether things should be marked 'complete' once the license
> is in the PKGBUILD, or once the package, with the new license, is
> built and uploaded.

I would say once the package, with the new license, is built and uploaded.
Some of these packages are for stuff that rarely has upstream updates. If
we just fix the PKGBUILD and wait for an upstream update to rebuild, it
might take several months (years?) before the
actual package gets updated with the license. Plus, for some license
(BSD?), not including the licence goes against the license.

believed to be clean.