[arch-dev-public] Warning on php-apc update

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Mar 26 17:11:31 EDT 2008

Dear PHP user,

the update from php-apc to Version 3.0.17 includes a security fix:
http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2008-1488

But it seems that the other changes of that new version are introducing
several problems which will cause php to crash. It seems to be quite random
but I have seen phpMyAdmin triggering those crashes a lot.

I would recommend to disable APC until this is fixed. My current plan is to
downgrade APC to 3.0.16 again and try to backport the security patch only.

Greetings,

Pierre

PS: this bug-report seems to be related:
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=13505

--
archlinux.de