[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.24.4-1, support/atl2 2.0.4-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 30 05:34:35 EDT 2008

Changes to the latest kernel by tpowa:

- All patches have been collapsed into a single patch-2.6.24.4-1. Patch
generation is done by abuse of makepkg now and nothing is done inside a
SCM, but that will be fixed. Currently, everything is in
http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/linux-2.6-ARCH.tar.bz2.
- removed pre-2.6.24.4 patch and updated to 2.6.24.4
- updated unionfs to 2.3.1 (according to simo this fixes some race
conditions)
- removed the aufs splice patch due to incompatibility with unionfs.
This breaks aufs, but Simo promised to fix it (ping Simo)
- removed the atl2 patch and moved it to a separate package in
core/support due to the many complaints by developers.
- Some PKGBUILD stupidity cleanup: Remove /boot/kconfig26, because it is
the most unnecessary file in the history of unnecessary files
- Removed /etc/mkinitcpio.d/kernel26-fallback.conf, because the default
fallback image doesn't need a separate config file anymore

Please sign off. We need to move some kernel to core fast, because
applications built with gcc 4.3 might be broken with any other kernel.
(At the time I am posting this, only x86_64 is uploaded and tested, i686
will be uploaded in a few minutes, but untested).