[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Mar 31 18:31:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 18:14 -0400, Jeff Mickey wrote:
> Any day is fine with me, just give me a heads up 24 or 12 hours
> beforehand, so I'm sure to have gotten the email/jabber/love.  As long
> as the changes are made to community as well, I think this will be
> great!  Thank you for taking this on Aaron.
>
> Final note:
> I think the history of PKGBUILD's is pretty insignificant.  If you can
> give me a great use-case for PKGBUILD history, I may be swayed in this
> opinion.. but to switch away from CVS is more important than the
> history.  To me, CVS is the equivalent of being stabbed in the face.
> I'd really like it to stop stabbing me.
>
>     //  jeff

When keeping CVS read-only online, I see no reason to keep history. The
only reason to keep history for me is, well, to look at older revisions
of a package (when did we break this, who broke it and why is this line
here). When keeping a read-only CVS archive online, we can also check
those things out.