[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 14:43:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
>>> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>>> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>>>> Hey all,
>>>>> I'm going to move the new db scripts live. In an hour or so. I still
>>>>> need to generalize Pierre's testing2core script and commit it, then I
>>>>> will push them live.
>>>>> Once I do that, it is going to break the website updates for a short
>>>>> period - until Eliott can get to the web changes (we haven't been able
>>>>> to coordinate properly, so rather than wasting time, I'm doing this
>>>>> move now).
>>>>> So, if you guys could hold off doing repo related activities in about
>>>>> an hour or so, that'd be great.
>>>>> One fun addition: /arch/db-remove
>>>>> No more need for package files to remove a package. Syntax is:
>>>>> db-remove pkgname repo arch
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> Aaron
>>>> Status update:
>>>> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's becoming
>>>> late, the move will happen tomorrow.
>>> Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
>>> of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
>>> testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.
>>> As you can see from the commits ML, I moved openssh this way (I didn't
>>> know that was still in testing, my fault there)
>> Ok, I'm going to make this move right now. First, I am going to regen
>> all of the DB files with repo-add, then I will move the /arch-new dir
>> to /arch, and we should be gold.
>> Cheers
> One thing to note: I decided to kill off the staging/*64 dirs - we
> have the arch in the package name, there is no reason we need
> different dirs. The current scripts take care of this by copying
> ${repo}64 to ${repo} before doing anything, and there is a change in
> devtools to upload to only one staging dir. We just need to make a new
> devtools release.

Move complete, all DB files replaces with repo-add generated DBs (yes!)

New scripts are in /arch/. Please let me know if there is any error or
anything like that - I don't think most people really tested them that
well 8)

Now to configure some cleanup cron jobs

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list