[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Thu May 22 11:30:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>> I'm going to move the new db scripts live. In an hour or so. I still
>>> need to generalize Pierre's testing2core script and commit it, then I
>>> will push them live.
>>>
>>> Once I do that, it is going to break the website updates for a short
>>> period - until Eliott can get to the web changes (we haven't been able
>>> to coordinate properly, so rather than wasting time, I'm doing this
>>> move now).
>>>
>>> So, if you guys could hold off doing repo related activities in about
>>> an hour or so, that'd be great.
>>>
>>> One fun addition: /arch/db-remove
>>> No more need for package files to remove a package. Syntax is:
>>> db-remove pkgname repo arch
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Aaron
>>>

>> Status update:
>>
>> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's becoming
>> late, the move will happen tomorrow.
>
> Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
> of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
> testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.

I tried to use testing2core but it didn't work. It's the first time I use
a script to do that so I might be doing it wrong. First, I did the usual
archrelease stuff locally. Then I logged on gerolde and:

$ /arch/testing2core licenses bzip2
==> Moving package 'licenses'
Checked out revision 1848.
Error: licenses is not in repo testing
==> Moving package 'bzip2'
Checked out revision 1848.
Error: bzip2 is not in repo testing

Did I had to copy the packages in the staging directories before? Or is it
something else? I eventually did it manually and that worked.

Also, I noticed that the new db script no longer removes the files in the
staging/${repo}64/* directories. I know it'll be a moot issues when the
devtools package will be updated but, instead of copying the packages to
staging/${repo}/*, can't it just move them there? Of course, if devtools
is planned to be updated soon then you can ignore this request.

Eric

believed to be clean.