[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Eric Belanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Thu May 22 11:30:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>> I'm going to move the new db scripts live. In an hour or so. I still
>>> need to generalize Pierre's testing2core script and commit it, then I
>>> will push them live.
>>> Once I do that, it is going to break the website updates for a short
>>> period - until Eliott can get to the web changes (we haven't been able
>>> to coordinate properly, so rather than wasting time, I'm doing this
>>> move now).
>>> So, if you guys could hold off doing repo related activities in about
>>> an hour or so, that'd be great.
>>> One fun addition: /arch/db-remove
>>> No more need for package files to remove a package. Syntax is:
>>> db-remove pkgname repo arch
>>> Cheers,
>>> Aaron
>> Status update:
>> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's becoming
>> late, the move will happen tomorrow.
> Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
> of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
> testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.

I tried to use testing2core but it didn't work. It's the first time I use 
a script to do that so I might be doing it wrong. First, I did the usual 
archrelease stuff locally. Then I logged on gerolde and:

$ /arch/testing2core licenses bzip2
==> Moving package 'licenses'
Checked out revision 1848.
Error: licenses is not in repo testing
==> Moving package 'bzip2'
Checked out revision 1848.
Error: bzip2 is not in repo testing

Did I had to copy the packages in the staging directories before? Or is it 
something else? I eventually did it manually and that worked.

Also, I noticed that the new db script no longer removes the files in the 
staging/${repo}64/* directories. I know it'll be a moot issues when the 
devtools package will be updated but, instead of copying the packages to 
staging/${repo}/*, can't it just move them there? Of course, if devtools 
is planned to be updated soon then you can ignore this request.


This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list