[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:03:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
>> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> Status update:
>>>
>>> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's
>>> becoming
>>> late, the move will happen tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
>> of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
>> testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.
>
> I tried to use testing2core but it didn't work. It's the first time I use a
> script to do that so I might be doing it wrong. First, I did the usual
> archrelease stuff locally. Then I logged on gerolde and:
>
> $ /arch/testing2core licenses bzip2
> ==> Moving package 'licenses'
> Checked out revision 1848.
> Error: licenses is not in repo testing
> ==> Moving package 'bzip2'
> Checked out revision 1848.
> Error: bzip2 is not in repo testing
>
> Did I had to copy the packages in the staging directories before? Or is it
> something else? I eventually did it manually and that worked.

Ah, yeah - those scripts mean you don't have to do anything locally.
If it's in testing, just connect to gerolde and run "testing2core"
It's only one step.

> Also, I noticed that the new db script no longer removes the files in the
> staging/${repo}64/* directories. I know it'll be a moot issues when the
> devtools package will be updated but, instead of copying the packages to
> staging/${repo}/*, can't it just move them there? Of course, if devtools is
> planned to be updated soon then you can ignore this request.

Ah yeah, I overlooked that. Right now I copy files from the *64 dirs
to the non-suffixed ones. I guess I could 'mv' them to cover all the
bases