[arch-dev-public] Questions about Archlinux branding/artwork for KDE

Thayer Williams thayer at archlinux.org
Wed May 28 19:32:30 EDT 2008

I'm putting together a new package that will contain artwork and
branding for KDE. While reviewing the existing kde-common package, I
noticed we're also providing defaults for font types and sizes as well
as general konqueror settings.

I don't plan to include the preferences in the branding package, but I
was wondering whether we should be providing these at all.  Are the
KDE defaults so bad that we need to override them?  I figured now
would be a good time to discuss this since the existing package will
be getting a major overhaul.

As far as I can tell, the only things that appear necessary are the
kdm rc.d scripts and related environment files...