[arch-dev-public] Questions about Archlinux branding/artwork for KDE

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed May 28 19:57:10 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008 01:32:30 schrieb Thayer Williams:
> As far as I can tell, the only things that appear necessary are the
> kdm rc.d scripts and related environment files...

I would say: drop them all. Only the profile.d-env-script is needed.
Preconfiguration is not really needed. Imho we should only provide additional
themes etc. and not overriding upstream defaults when not necessary. The kdm
rc.d scripts could be removed, too. One should start kdm via inittab.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de