[arch-dev-public] On the road to KDE 4.1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:57:06 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> My suggestion would be: Let's create a kde-repo on top of our testing repo and
> see how we can package it and manage the transition from kde3. I have setup
> such a repo as an example:

And the db-scripts are made to do just this!

archrelease kde-testing-x86_64
# either manually scp the file, or use 'extrapkg' and them mv it on
gerolde to, say, "~/staging/kde-testing/add".
/arch/db-update kde-testing x86_64

It should error though, as I made a minor protection thing to ensure
that someone goes on gerolde and creates the kde-testing dirs first.