[arch-dev-public] On the road to KDE 4.1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:38:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 May 2008 22:43:22 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> Let's create a kde-repo on top of our testing repo and
>> see how we can package it and manage the transition from kde3.
>
> OK, this was quite some work. I have moved the repo to other/kde-testing. This
> way it should be found on some mirrors soon.

It could have been easier if you used the dbscripts to do this. Like
Thomas suggested, you could do all the work in
repos/kde-testing-i686/, commit everything, scp to
~staging/kde-testing/add/ (see Dan's repopkg patch for a helper
script) and then run /arch/db-update kde-testing i686

This is actually the exact reason we did things the way we did here,
with the repos/ dir and why I made the dbscripts work the way they do
now.