[arch-dev-public] [draft] pkgstats: contribution was never that easy

Douglas Soares de Andrade douglas at archlinux.org
Thu Nov 6 19:41:13 EST 2008

Pierre Schmitz escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> here is an announcement draft based on Allan's proposal:
>

> Annoying bug you filed not fixed? Waiting on a package to be updated?
> If only there was some way you could help out and improve everybody's
> favourite Linux distribution... (in case you were wondering, I was
> meaning Arch).
>
> Wait! There is! Just install the pkgstats package, run it as a user and help
> the Arch dev's prioritize their efforts. Come on, all the cool kids are doing
> it.

Great !!

I already tested and it worked great. Pierre, im just curious how you
are receiving user responses, i see it sends the output of a pacman -Q,
but how do you get/use it ?

Thanks a lot, it is really great too =)

What about sending the user at hostname info to it too ? I guess it can
help to prevent repeated data (pardon if im talking bullshit), just
thought about that thinking in the same user sending pkgstats everyday
so we will end the month with at least 30 packages flags.

--
Douglas Soares de Andrade
-- Python, Django, Zope e Plone