[arch-dev-public] Dan FTW == archweb++

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:41:26 EST 2008

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have finally rolled out the django
1.0 port of archweb_pub and archweb_dev. There isn't much difference
in the site, cosmetically, but I've refactored the code quite a bit
and am anticipating a few error messages (I get them by e-mail and
then ignore them) until I get the bugs all worked out. Feel free to
tell me what breaks and stuff.

Huge thanks to Dan who kindly did those things I'm not able to like
setting up the site down error page and upgrading django. We ended up
having to use the old django package, since gerolde is still running
python2.5. For those that missed the downtime, we tried to follow in
the Elliot tradition: http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/sitedown.html

I'm headed to Montreal tomorrow until Friday; I'll have internets, I'm
told, but I don't know how much time for fixing things. So hopefully
they won't break. ;-)

Dusty