[arch-dev-public] Deprecation warning at checkins

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 15 14:21:32 EST 2008

Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get some deprecation warnings from svnmerge at every checkin:
>
> ----8<----
>
> ===> Uploaded mono-addins-0.4-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> ===> Commited with "upgpkg: mono-addins 0.4-1" message
> /usr/bin/svnmerge:71: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is
> deprecated.  Use the subprocess module. import sys, os, getopt, re,
> types, tempfile, time, popen2, locale

> Does anybody knows more about it?
>
> Daniel

It is a warning about svnmerge using a method that will no longer be
available in python3.  It is to help developers transition their code
from python2 to python3 and is nothing to worry about.  If we don't want
to wait on upstream, fixing this is fairly simple (we had the same issue
in namcap).

Allan