[arch-dev-public] RFC: crda PKBUILD

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 28 08:03:47 EST 2008

Linux 2.6.28 will support a new wireless regulatory domain
infrastructure. Instead of the limited number of hardcoded regulatory
domains in cfg80211 (EU, JP, US), there will be a userspace daemon that
manages regulatory domains. We could still enable the "old" regulatory
domain in the kernel. However, I would like to disable it, so kernel26
will have dependency (or optdependency) on crda (as would
compat-wireless, if someone builds it with the new regulatory framework
enabled).

The package includes the crda and regdbdump binaries, as well as a
binary regulatory.bin database and a udev rule. John Linville's RSA
public key is hardcoded in both crda and regdbdump, so they will only
accept regulatory.bin files signed by him. (The build system allows to
include other public keys and the data to build the regulatory.bin is
publicly available.)

I am attaching the PKGBUILD for crda.