[arch-dev-public] RFC: crda PKBUILD

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Fri Nov 28 08:48:53 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 14:03 +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> I am attaching the PKGBUILD for crda.
> plain text document attachment (PKGBUILD)

> makedepends=('python-m2crypto' 'git')

>   # Install and verify regulatory.bin file
>   msg "Downloading and installing the regulatory.bin file ..."
>   cd $srcdir
>   if [ -d wireless-regdb ]; then
>     cd wireless-regdb
>     git pull
>     cd ..
>   else
>     git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-regdb.git
>   fi

I would be really happy when these git things are put into a tarball and
uploaded to ftp.archlinux.org. For AUR these git/svn/cvs checkout
packages are nice, but I dislike them for core and/or extra. We also
pull CVS for glibc and xulrunner, instead of putting those in the
PKGBUILD, we upload a tarball to FTP.