[arch-dev-public] RFC: crda PKBUILD

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 28 10:06:32 EST 2008

Jan de Groot schrieb:
>> makedepends=('python-m2crypto' 'git')
>
>>   # Install and verify regulatory.bin file
>>   msg "Downloading and installing the regulatory.bin file ..."
>>   cd $srcdir
>>   if [ -d wireless-regdb ]; then
>>     cd wireless-regdb
>>     git pull
>>     cd ..
>>   else
>>     git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-regdb.git
>>   fi
>
> I would be really happy when these git things are put into a tarball and
> uploaded to ftp.archlinux.org. For AUR these git/svn/cvs checkout
> packages are nice, but I dislike them for core and/or extra. We also
> pull CVS for glibc and xulrunner, instead of putting those in the
> PKGBUILD, we upload a tarball to FTP.

I could get the file from
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/wireless-regdb-master-2008-11-17.tar.bz2

I just found out about these snapshots by looking at the AUR (they
actually split it into wireless-regdb and crda, but then there is no way
to verify the regulatory.bin file. As the regulatory DB won't change too
often, we can simply release a new crda package every time).

I was thinking, maybe we should verify the file again at install time
and throw a warning if it doesn't check out.