[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Nvidia drivers needed a new branch

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:01:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 14:50 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> >
>> > Just fell prey to this also. Thanks for the head's up.
>>
>> Damnit nvidia! Just how many packages do you expect us to have?
>>
>> We currently have... what? 3 different packages? Now we need 4. *sigh*
>
> We'll reduce it to 2 as soon as xorg migrates to extra. Somehow they
> think legacy drivers need legacy xorg servers.

96.xx is said to be on the way according to the forums, but it has
been a long time since the last release and they are so closed about
dates or releases or anything. I sure won't be buying Nvidia again by
choice, but I've had this computer and graphics card for 5 years so
can't complain too much. The nv driver just doesn't quite cut it
though.

-Dan