[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Nvidia drivers needed a new branch

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Oct 8 17:30:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 16:01 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:

> 96.xx is said to be on the way according to the forums, but it has
> been a long time since the last release and they are so closed about
> dates or releases or anything. I sure won't be buying Nvidia again by
> choice, but I've had this computer and graphics card for 5 years so
> can't complain too much. The nv driver just doesn't quite cut it
> though.

ATI with fglrx isn't a real option either, AMD doesn't show anything
about Xorg 7.4 support. Either it takes them half a year or longer to
release a driver, or they will surprise us with a working driver within
the next two months. Either way, I don't like to delay Xorg 7.4 too long
because of non-free drivers.