[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Oct 14 03:05:23 EDT 2008

I would like to move xorg to extra soon. The state of X.org in testing
is a lot better than the packages in extra. This means problems for some
users though:

- nvidia-96xx doesn't work
- nvidia-71xx doesn't work
- catalyst doesn't work

All the other drivers should work fine, as they're either opensource
drivers or binary drivers that support X.Org 7.4 by now. People affected
by this should either stick with the old xorg-server or install free
drivers with support for their hardware.

I don't wish to wait for new non-free drivers, as the non-free vendors
don't give any information about X.Org 7.4 support on their roadmap. We
can wait for 6 months if we keep waiting on this.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list