[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Oct 14 06:15:20 EDT 2008

Am Dienstag 14 Oktober 2008 09:05:23 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> I don't wish to wait for new non-free drivers, as the non-free vendors
> don't give any information about X.Org 7.4 support on their roadmap. We
> can wait for 6 months if we keep waiting on this.

I agree here. Neither AMD nor NVIDIA seem to publish any information about
xorg 7.4 support yet. So we just have to assume they will never supoort it.

Let's go for it. Just make sure to have an announcement before with some
workaround for users of such affected hardware.

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76