[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Hugo Doria hugodoria at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:36:57 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag 14 Oktober 2008 09:05:23 schrieb Jan de Groot:
>> I don't wish to wait for new non-free drivers, as the non-free vendors
>> don't give any information about X.Org 7.4 support on their roadmap. We
>> can wait for 6 months if we keep waiting on this.
> I agree here. Neither AMD nor NVIDIA seem to publish any information about
> xorg 7.4 support yet. So we just have to assume they will never supoort it.
> Let's go for it. Just make sure to have an announcement before with some
> workaround for users of such affected hardware.

Although I am a Nvidia user I agree that we can not wait. We just need
to make sure to add an announcement on the website, forum and ML.

-- Hugo

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list