[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Eric Belanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue Oct 14 20:41:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Am Dienstag 14 Oktober 2008 09:05:23 schrieb Jan de Groot:
>> I don't wish to wait for new non-free drivers, as the non-free vendors
>> don't give any information about X.Org 7.4 support on their roadmap. We
>> can wait for 6 months if we keep waiting on this.
> I agree here. Neither AMD nor NVIDIA seem to publish any information about
> xorg 7.4 support yet. So we just have to assume they will never supoort it.
> Let's go for it. Just make sure to have an announcement before with some
> workaround for users of such affected hardware.

The announcement could also mention the need to remove RgbPath from 

This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list