[arch-dev-public] Code review: dbscripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 01:06:41 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:49 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=afc6b5b5977fe77e699af8f02f7c8c4c3df603de
> The db-functions has not been added here, so I can't really check if it is
> fine, the rest looks good though.

Oh man, my fault. Committed and pushed now. The big issue here is that
I was stupidly locking some of the things NOT based on the repo, but
based on the script. I wanted to unify the locking so that db-remove
will fail for a repo that has a db-update in progress, etc

> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=06194a8691f50ffc9130795e16837496e13dd08f
> There is a problem here: rm -f "$srcpath/${pkgname}-*-*${SRCEXT}"
> If you run this with mplayer, this will not only remove old mplayer
> packages, but also mplayer-plugin (think of more examples if you want).
> That's the reason I am using the ugly getpkgname in the cleanup scripts (or
> was using it, dunno if it is still there).

That's a very good point. Could you suggest a cleaner way to clean up
existing tarballs?
How about:
for srcpkg in $pkgname*; do
   [ "$(getpkgname $srcpkg)" == "$pkgname" ] && rm -f "$srcpkg"
done

> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=e1ad729fd49c630eece0055ed996b382811a836c
> This includes unstable and lacks community.

Removed unstable... community, however, is another beast that I wanted
to avoid thinking about for now... adding that might tip us over the
disk space limit on gerolde.

For the record, I have not moved existing source tarballs to
/home/ftp/sources/ yet, because I fear it may force our mirrors to
sync those as well... does anyone with more rsync knowledge want to
check to see if this will happen? I'd like to add a stanza for JUST
the sources and exclude if from elsewhere, making it optional...