[arch-dev-public] Conflicting PKGBUILDs between trunk and repos

Thayer Williams thayer at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 7 15:04:17 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thayer Williams schrieb:
>>
>> I'm trying to commit a pkgrel bump on gtk-xfce-engine, but I keep
>> encountered an svn conflict on the PKGBUILDs. I followed the
>> instructions to resolve and commit, but the repos/ subdirs are still
>> showing the old PKGBUILD file even though the trunk has been updated.
>>
>> Is there something I'm missing here?  A command perhaps to force the
>> update?
>>

> First of all, have you run svn up on trunk and repos (or their parent)
> before you started working? You should always do that.

Definitely yes--I had never checked out this package before last night
so it was fresh.

> You could always delete the repos/ directory and svn up it again, then run
> archrelease again. If that doesn't work, you need someone who really knows
> subversion.

What I don't understand is why the repos PKGBUILD was flagged as
conflicting, since it was identical to the PKGBUILD in trunk (prior to
my changes of course).

All I did was update the PKGBUILD in trunk, built the package, tested
it and then ran 'extrapkg'.  That's when it told me there was problem
with the repos/extra-i686 version of the PKGBUILD.